team captain info
Thinking of being Team Captain?
Can you pump people up, like a good challenge, and like leaving the car at home? Then you are what we are looking for! We are looking for people to be the Team Captain that can encourage participation, run internal contests, and promote the challenge within their company. Team Captains even receive their own BCC T-Shirt! Get Outta Here!
When Team Captains sign up, a Business Commute Challenge Kit will be delivered to you as soon as possible after you register your team. BCC Team Kits will be delivered by bicycle or bus, April 16 through May 8. or the Kit can be picked up at our all day Kick-Off Event on Wednesday, May 1 from 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at LTD’s Next Stop Center on the corner of Olive and W. 11th. The Kit will contain giveaways, marketing tools, and informational materials for promoting the Challenge to your team. Free LTD bus day-passes are included for your business if you are not already enrolled in the LTD group bus pass program. Find out what businesses offer their employees a Group Pass Program.
Team captains can register and log trips for a teammate if needed. Click on the sign-up button and fill in your teammates commute information on the my profile page. A unique user name must be used for each teammate. Team Captains will then have to use their own email address and log-in password. To make it easier to enter and report for teammates who don’t have email, download a paper reporting form that can be filled out and handed in. There will be a copy of one in the Team Captain Kit.
If this is a barrier to your team participating, please call Marcia at 541-682-6206 and we will work together to make it happen.
We are happy to answer any questions and help in any way we can to make your job easier.
Email email@example.com or call Marcia at 541-682-6206.
TEAM CAPTAIN TIPS AND TOOLS
It's time to get your team pumped up and ready to go! As Team Captain, you can help your teammates get involved, be ready for the challenge, and to have fun with the following tips and tools.
- Internal competition: use the Punchcard below, The employee with the most punches wins a prize!
- BCC Rehearsal: The week prior to the Challenge, have your team do a dry run so they are prepared for the Challenge!
- Ice Cream Social: Have a party the Friday before the event to get them excited and ready to go!
- Internal Challenge: Department against department.....Let the Gauntlet be thrown!
- Countdown Poster - (link below) Tick Tock Tick Tock - the Challenge will be here faster than you think! Better get your trips planned!
- "Checkpoint": Have a checkpoint person at each BCC event. The team member that attends the most BCC events - wins!
- Transportation Theme Day! Dress up as your favorite mode of transportation and win!
Remember the most important thing of all...HAVE FUN!
Calendar of Events - print and post. Check it out! It's going to action-packed!
What's Happening! Too much fun!
Poster: An 11x17 2011 BCC Poster so you can print extras.
Internal Promotion Guide: A Team Captain's Internal Promotion Guide will give you a few ideas.
Reporting Form: Reporting Form for employees that do not have online access.
BCC Punchcard Might want to use this handy dandy trip punchcard internally for prize drawings?
BCC Announcement Notice: Announcement Notices you can put in Paycheck envelopes.
Invite a business to join the Challenge. In the Spirit of Friendly Competition
Countdown Poster Time's ticking away! The Challenge will get here soooner than you think!